- In the securities market describes process set up pursuant to the Securities Exchange Acts of 1933 and 1934 whereby securities that are to be sold to the public are reviewed by the SEC. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *registration re‧gis‧tra‧tion [ˌredʒˈstreɪʆn] noun [uncountable]1. the act of recording names and details on an official list:
• the registration of a trademark2. FINANCE in the US, the process of a company officially telling the Securities and Exchange Commission that it wishes to sell bonds, shares etc on a financial market, and getting its agreement to do this:
• companies seeking SEC registration to sell securities to the publicˈshelf regisˌtrationFINANCE when a company gets registration for shares, bonds etc but does not issue them (= make them available) immediately. It can issue them up to two years later to take advantage of market opportunities — see also certificate of registration
* * *registration UK US /ˌredʒɪˈstreɪʃən/ noun► [C or U ] the act of making an official record of names and other information, or a document that shows these details: registration fee/form/process »
The investor registration fee for the conference is $395.registration as sth »
The FDA recently revoked his registration as a manufacturer.»
Figures on car sales showed that new registrations fell 4.9% last month.»
There has been a recent increase in the number of registrations of new domain names.► [C or U ] FINANCE, STOCK MARKET in the US, the process of a company giving documents to the Securities and Exchange Commission asking if it can offer shares for sale on a stock market: »
The move resulted in an increase in registration of securities offerings in the US by foreign private issuers.► [C] (also registration number, ABBREVIATION reg.) TRANSPORT the official set of numbers and letters shown on the front and back of a road vehicle: »
What's the registration of the car?
Financial and business terms. 2012.